Monday, July 24, 2017

Anguilla / Hip Kit Club

It's Monday again...I hope you all had a fun weekend :)  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I couldn't wait to tear into the 2017 July Hip Kits and put together a fun Summer page!  I just had to use one of Irit's gorgeous papers.  The watercolor effects are just beautiful.  I also incorporated one of the flamingo cut files available on the Hip Kit website

My photo is of me and my husband on the beach in Aguilla a few years ago.  I am having a blast making Summer projects, and these embellishments were perfect.  I used lots of Hip Kit exclusives including chipboard flowers, wood veneer, puffy alphas, epoxy stickers and Project Life cards.  I also used a few Amy Tangerine On a Whim die cuts and stickers as well as an Echo Park chipboard sticker.  I used some Shimmerz on the background and a bit of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.


I fussy cut this adorable flamingo from a Project Life card and layered in an exclusive chipboard frame under the photo.  I love how tropical everything is!  That foiled pink flower is from Amy Tan.


Aren't these puffy pineapples just adorable?  I couldn't decide on a title, so I used a few things here.  Some wood veneer, an Amy Tan clear sticker and some blue puffy alphas.


I cut this large flamingo on white cardstock and used the Sweetheart Vibez to color it.  I layered my photo under the beak...I love how it looks layered in like that.  I love all these tropical flowers!


Adding layers under a photo creates really nice dimension.  I tucked in a bit of blue tangled thread and a few more gold clear stickers.



Here's one more close-up of the exclusive embellishments layered together.


This was fun and fast to create because of how awesome the kits are!  I hope you're having fun with your kits...I would love to see your projects!  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment