Monday, August 21, 2017

Sweet Happiness / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  Missy here, and today I’m sharing my first layout using the 2017 August Hip Kits for Hip Kit Club.  I used lots of the beautiful Crate Paper Carousel collection, and I love how it turned out!  I started out by fussy cutting those colorful kites.  I spent some time arranging them in different designs and finally settled on this.  I used some blue and green patterned papers on the background and covered a lot of the area with white gesso.  I used some blue and green Shimmerz Paints from my stash as well as all three Shimmerz that came in the Color Kit.  I love jazzing up my backgrounds with pretty watercolors :)   My favorite part of the page, though, is the cute little banner I created using the Maggie Holmes Sticky Notes from the Project Life Kit.


I layered several of the pieces together and glued them to a piece of cord.  I folded over the top edges and adhered it to the page.  This is a really fun idea to do with those Sticky Notes.


I added some foam under a few of the kites to create some dimension.  My title is a combination of a Maggie Holmes Puffy Stickers and some of the exclusive Navy Puffy Alphas, both from the Main Kit.  I love how they looked tucked in between the photos together.


I tucked in a few die cut hearts around the page as well.  This one is from the Maggie Holmes Ephemera Pack, which is in the Main Kit.  I also added some tangled thread.


I wanted to create some strings hanging from each kite, so I machine stitched using white thread.  That kind of blended in a lot and I couldn’t really see them, so I went over each string using a tiny brush with white acrylic paint.  It helped them stand out a little better.  I also used a few of the exclusive Hip Kit Wood Veneer Buttons from the Main Kit and ruffled up the edges of the kites to create even more depth.


On two of the kites I added some bow stickers from the Maggie Holmes Puffy Stickers.  I really love the pops of black and white in this collection!  It really makes the bright colors pop.


Here’s one more close-up of the bottom area.  More kites and stickers!


I love these fun exclusive alphas!  I love how they look tucked in here combined with that Crate Paper Puffy Sticker.  So much dimension and texture here :)


I hope this inspires you in some way and gives you some fun ideas to try with your August Kits!  I can’t wait to see what you make with them!  After three days of technology troubles, I finally got my process video uploaded!  Yay!  Here it is…


Thanks a million for stopping by, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment