Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Our Crazy Family / Bella Blvd

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a fun layout to share for Bella Blvd today.  We are featuring the new Mind Your Manners collection this week over on the blog.  It's a great line to scrap your family photos with, and that's what I did on this page.  It's a challenge trying to get everyone to pose for a family photo around here, so I have learned to take what I can get...haha.  Neither of our daughters like to stand still for photos, so you can see how these turned out.  But that's okay!  I have embraced the "not so perfect" photos because that is just how it is around our house :)  I used the 6x8 Paper Pad papers to back this beautiful leaf cut file from Just Nick.  I used the Be a Good Guest paper as my background.  I smudged a lot of white gesso down first to whiten it up in some areas.  I used some watercolors to add some color splotches to the paper before adding the embellishments and photos.


The 6x8 Paper Pad is perfect for backing cut files.  Not only are the papers smaller, but the patterns are as well.  Plus you get lots of solids in there, too.  I love this fun color scheme.  I added some foam under the cut file to create some dimension.


I created my small title using some of the Tiny Text Alpha Stickers.  I mixed and matched with grey and pink and then machine stitched through them.  I added in an orange Chipboard frame here under the photos for a pop of color and finished off the title area with some Fundamental Heart Stickers.


I added several Paper Pieces here, including a few flowers and a tab that says "family time."  I tucked in a few small floral Funamentals Stickers here and the other half of the orange Chipboard frame.


I wanted a pop of orange down in this leaf cluster, so I added this cute little chipboard bird.


And to echo the orange in the upper right area, I added this cute owl.  I also added in some tangled thread in a few places for some extra color and texture.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your family photos!  This collection is truly adorable and perfect for so many themes.  Be sure to check out this week's process video here:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! It surely is a challenge to get a perfect family photo. Btw, I love such photo collage frameworks and will definitely try to make one. I had to proofread my dissertation now but I guess I would rather buy PhD dissertation proofreading services from an online platform and make such a family scrapbook instead.

    ReplyDelete