Friday, March 9, 2018

Forever is Composed of Nows / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends! Three cheers for FRIDAY...yeah!!  I'm back with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team, and I used mostly the Pick-Me-Up 2x2 Paper Pads. One of my favorite designs is to create a large title using a quote. The 2x2 Paper Pads are perfect for cutting out letters. I decided to not use my Cameo for this(!), so I hand drew the letters and cut out each one by hand. Since the letters were pretty big, I knew I wanted to have them on the top half of the layout and center my photo under it. I used white cardstock as my base and I covered almost all of it with clear gesso first. Next I came in with coordinating colors of Distress Oxides inks mixed with some Shimmerz sprays. I used the packaging technique and a brush to add splatters.


The awesome thing about these 2x2 Paper Pads is that all the papers look good mixed together like this. I didn’t have to think twice about anything not matching because all the colors and patterns are so bright and bold. After I arranged the title, I lightly adhered them to the cardstock and then machine stitched through them. I used some bits and pieces from the Pick-Me-Up Haberdashery Multi-Pack to embellish some of the letters. I also added a tiny shadow around the letters using a fine tip Sharpie to make them pop off the page a bit more.


I went light with embellishments around the photo since the title was pretty busy. I fussy cut this floral cluster from Paper 02 and added a sentiment Chipboard Sticker on top of the photo. I used a piece of Paper 05 and a frame from the Pick-Me-Up Ephemera Die Cuts as layers behind the photo. For an extra pop of pink, I tangled up some thread.


On the left side of the photo I used a Rub-On and a small fussy cut piece from the phrases 2x2 Paper Pad. I stitched through it for more texture and detail. I topped it off with a cute Pick-Me-Up Puffy Sticker. I also added a frame Rub-On under the photo and then wrote my journaling.


Here you can see a few more Rub-Ons that I added under the photo along with my journaling and date.  I love layering bits and pieces on top of my photo when it allows.


Here are a few more close-ups of the fun title, stitching and little added details.



I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout! It’s fun to fussy cut letters and create your own large title and the 2x2 Paper Pads are perfect for it!  Be sure to check out my process video for all the details:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment