Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Story of J&M / Studio Calico Guest Designer

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm the March Guest Designer over at Studio Calico, and today I'm sharing one of the layouts I created.  I used the Bookmarked Scrapbooking Kit along with the Pen Name and Stamp Add-On Kits for this page.  I began with the 6x8 Scalloped Pattern Builder Stamps to create my background.  I stamped a crooked row of the scallops using black Archival Ink and then filled in some of the scallops using the fill-in stamps with Distress Oxides.  I used those same Oxides with some plastic packaging to create a watercolor effect.  I just stamped them onto the plastic, spritzed with a bit of water and smooshed the packaging down.  I embellished with bits and pieces from the kits and added in some machine stitching.


These awesome aqua chipboard letters are in the Bookmarked Kit, and they're perfect for making a giant statement title.  I went with initials since my photos are of me and my sister.  I added in lots of stamps from the kits, and they summed up the silly photos.  I wrote a lot of journaling under the title.


I stacked the photos in a messy vertical design over on the left side of the page and overlapped them.  I added in a few die cuts from the Pen Name kit as well as more stamping.


These die cuts are neat...they're all black with gold foiling.  They pop off the page, especially up next to bright colors.  I used a piece of patterned paper here to back this middle photo.


Here's a shot of the awesome background...I love how it turned out!  It's random and messy, and I love it :)  Sometimes I just enjoy making something random.


Here's one more close-up of these goofy photos...haha!  We had just eaten dinner on a random Tuesday and we were taking selfies in the parking lot.  The wind was blowing and we had nasty gym hair...that's what made it even funnier ;)


I hope this inspires you to use some fun stamps to create a background.  It's fun to just make something from scratch and build your page around it.  I really enjoyed working with the Studio Calico kits this month...thank you so much for having me!

Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned for my other two projects coming soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment